Why Choose Dr. Zenn?
- Dr. Zenn’s primary focus is on facial rejuvenation procedures
- He has provided thousands of patients with a refreshed, more youthful appearance through cosmetic facial surgeries
- After Harvard Plastic Surgery residency, Dr. Zenn experienced Fellowship training in Head & Neck Surgery
- While at Duke University, Zenn served as co-director of Duke’s Facial Reanimation Program
What is a Browlift?
A browlift repositions and elevates the brow to rejuvenate the upper face. The procedure not only smooths the forehead but can also serve to open the eye area to create a more refreshed and rested appearance.
Some women choose to have a browlift after living for years with forehead wrinkles and ridges. Others are long-time Botox® users who feel that injectable treatments no longer provide satisfactory results or have made their drooping eyebrow worse as they have aged. Then there are those who are simply unable to put makeup on their upper eyelids because the lids are hidden under their drooping brow. The browlift procedure may be performed alone or in combination with blepharoplasty surgery, facelift (to restore the mid-to-lower face), or other procedures for a more overall rejuvenation.
Dr. Zenn’s Approach
Aging, gravity, and sun exposure can cause features in the brow to droop and deep wrinkles in the skin to develop. The wrinkles are a by-product of never-ending muscle contraction in the forehead to lift the lower eyebrow. This explains why Botox injections in patients with low eyebrows can eliminate wrinkles but also obstruct vision by lowering their eyebrows further.
By elevating the eyebrow and securing it in a higher, more youthful position, Dr. Zenn can effectively rejuvenate a patient’s forehead and eye area. The forehead appears smoother, not because Botox has paralyzed the forehead muscles but because the muscles are no longer needed to continually lift the eyebrows.
As part of the surgical process Dr. Zenn will:
- Use a delicate and precise endoscopic surgical technique through remote incisions hidden in the scalp. Patients rely on his unique skills to achieve results that look refreshed and natural
- Address both position and shape of the eyebrows with a browlift. This restores a youthful arch to the eyebrow, which may have flattened out over time
- Eliminate the wrinkles in the skin that occur as the muscles of the forehead attempt to elevate the drooping eyebrows away from the eyelids. This procedure opens the eye area, creating a more youthful appearance, relieving the forehead muscles and eliminating wrinkles
Your Browlift Consultation
To determine if you are a good candidate for a browlift Dr. Zenn will:
- Examine your face to assess the position and shape of your brow and the laxity of your skin
- Evaluate your natural ability to protect and lubricate the eyes
- Determine which procedures will benefit you. A browlift will give some patients their desired look. For others, Dr. Zenn may also recommend eyelid surgery to reshape and refine the eyes. Still, others may require a procedure to support weak eyelids. Some patients may benefit from a facelift to address signs of aging in the mid-to-lower face
- Possibly suggest fat transfer if hollow areas are causing you to have a drawn or tired appearance. Transfer of fat will smooth out and add youthful fullness to these areas
At every step under Dr. Zenn’s care, patients can expect personalized treatment and individual attention. He will take the time to listen to your questions and concerns, assess your needs, and explain your options and his recommendations in detail.
My eyebrow lift with Dr. Zenn was a complete success with outcomes that far exceeded my expectation. I am thrilled with the natural lift that Dr. Zenn gave my eyes. They look bright & awake without appearing unnatural or surgically altered at all. Worth every penny! No regrets!
Dr. Zenn will perform your browlift at an accredited facility. A board-certified anesthesiologist will administer anesthesia so that you can sleep comfortably through the procedure and awaken comfortably as well.
During the surgery, Dr. Zenn will:
- Use a minimally invasive endoscopic technique to leave you the smallest possible scars for browlift
- Reposition and elevate your brows to their ideal position. This will smooth your forehead, reshape the arch of your eyebrows, and give your eyes a more rested youthful appearance
- If required, Dr. Zenn will use fat grafting for your eyebrow lift. To do so, he will use liposuction to collect fat from unwanted areas of the body and then transfer it as needed to replenish lost volume to your eyebrows, temples, or cheek areas
Recovery from Browlift Surgery
Most patients go home within an hour of completion of surgery. Depending on your specific procedure, you should expect mild soreness, bruising, and swelling for about a week. Dr. Zenn recommends you stay home and take it easy during this time. You should be able to work from home after a week and return to work and other social interactions after two weeks. You can resume regular intensive activities like exercise after three to four weeks. The initial swelling the first few weeks after surgery sometimes actually looks aesthetically pleasing which allows for normal social interaction (if bruising is minimized or can be hidden with cover makeup). After a browlift, you enjoy the benefits of a rejuvenated, natural appearance and greater confidence in the way you look.