Breast augmentation enhances and reshapes a woman’s breasts and increases breast size through the placement of implants. Some Raleigh and Cary women choose breast augmentation surgery to simply have fuller, larger breasts. Others choose the surgery to counteract the effects of pregnancy, significant weight changes, and/or aging. Most often the goal of breast augmentation is a more balanced and feminine figure.
Dr. Michael Zenn is an expert in breast surgery, having written multiple articles and chapters in textbooks on the subject. He has more than 25 years of experience performing thousands of cosmetic breast procedures and has been recognized by his peers as a master breast surgeon. His delicate and detail-oriented approach has given him an unparalleled experience with implant selection and placement and explains why patients often seek him out to repair the work of others. Because of this experience, patients in the Raleigh and Cary area can expect world-class results from a breast augmentation from Dr. Zenn. Patients enjoy natural-looking outcomes that gracefully complement their individual body type.
Dr. Zenn’s Approach to Breast Augmentation
Dr. Zenn plans breast augmentation procedures with consideration of his patients’ goals, preferences, and unique anatomy. As a skilled cosmetic breast surgeon, he has the ability to perform procedures using a variety of surgical techniques. Additionally, he has in-depth knowledge of the aesthetic nuances that lead to the most attractive results. Typically, Dr. Zenn:
- Favors round and smooth silicone implants. In his experience, these implants tend to offer the most natural appearance whether the patient is standing up, lying down or being active.
- Has patients try on various-sized implants to best determine the desired breast size. This eliminates surprises after surgery with breasts smaller or larger than anticipated.
- Recommends above-the-muscle implant placement when possible. For the majority of his patients, this provides the most natural-looking outcome without the associated problems encountered with under-the-muscle placement, such as unwanted movement of the breasts with activity and discomfort.
- Advises patients if they should consider breast augmentation alone or in conjunction with a breast lift. Many women benefit from the reshaping effects of a lift as well as the increased fullness of an augmentation.
- Will discuss fat grafting to the breast to hide implant visibility long-term.
Some surgeons place implants in a position that is higher than the desired final results. After several weeks or months, the breast tissue stretches, the implants descend, and the breasts take on their final, more natural shape. Dr. Zenn’s patients can often avoid this delay; he uses a deliberate and exacting approach that positions the implants precisely, which allows Raleigh and Cary patients to see the benefits of their surgery sooner.